Sunday, October 21, 2007

Mommy Brain



So yesterday I thought it would be fun if Henry and I baked together. I decided to make some oatmeal bars so I measured out the oatmeal into a bowl and set it aside. Then we creamed the butter and sugars...Henry loved the mixer. I added some nuts and raisins and then poured the mixture into the pan and then "threw it in the oven for baby and me". As I was cleaning up/ fighting Henry for the mixer, I saw the big bowl of oatmeal, you know the MAIN ingredient in the bars. So, I whip the pan out of the oven and scooped all of the half melted contents back into the bowl and tossed in the oatmeal. It went back in and I just said a little prayer. Henry found a paint brush on the counter and this is where he thought it went.

2 comments:

What's New said...

Hey, at least you make treats for your family - looks good, and I love the blender. I've been known to suffer from "mommy brain", and put the cornflakes in the freezer.

A Cupcake Life said...

oh, sounds like you cook like i do! hopefully your stuff tastes better than mine!