Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Distinctly Dustin

I saw a picture of the built in cabinetry Kenny put in for Dustin on her blog. Dustin sent me an email telling me they were called Distinctions cabinets by Mills Pride and sent me a link to their website: http://www.distinctionscabinetry.com/
Apparently, they have no frills, but are a decent cabinet.

I put off looking into getting these cabinets for awhile because the weather was nice and we were focusing on outdoor projects. So, eventually I got to this and boy what a challenge it has been. First, we go to our local Home Depot and walk in expecting to find them, get prices, and place an order. Did this happen?....Can things ever be easy?....Nope.

So, the cabinet guy looks at us with a crazy look and say that he has never heard of Distinctions, and that the Mills Pride line was being phased out. Okay, so then we tried the 1800 number on the website and the operator told us she could not tell us the closest stores that sold their product. Why? Wouldn't you think they'd want to sell more? Do they not offer stock options at this joint?

Then, on a mission, we called several HD stores all over the north and central state and Oregon...no luck. And, the response was always filled with the same confusion. My mom (yes, we got helpers-Thanks Mom) finally got a hold of a store near her and got the employee to look at http://www.distinctionscabinetry.com/. This nice man called them himself and got someone who told him of a few stores that would carry them on the West Coast in late 11/07.

We went to Fresno on a trip and while we were their we decided to stop in and talk with this HD employee. We thought he might be able to give prices (just a guesstimate) and ask him if we could have a promotion offered currently on these cabinets honored when they arrived in 11/07 (it was 10% off and some gift cards). He couldn't help us with that, but he showed us Mills Pride's old line. We liked the Distinctions better, so we decided to press on.

I got home and called MP once again and spoke with one operator who said that Distinctions would not be coming to the West Coast HDs at all. She even put me on hold to talk to a manager. I hung up and decided to call back and ask if any other non-Home Depot stores carried their line and I got a woman who told me the West Coast HD stores and dates who would carry these. I quickly got her name, date of birth, blood type, pets name :) and extension and went to work again.


I called the Eugene, Oregon store (after calling other stores she'd mentioned and getting nowhere) and spoke with someone in the cabinet department. Same drill. So I gave him Debbie's info. He called me back and I think he said something to the fact that I had, "sent shock waves through their organization". Apparently no one has been trained and it was news to them. He said he had no idea where they would even put the display since they are overstocked as is. I still need to ask if he'll honor the promotion. Dave and I think that they should just comp us a whole set up since we have let a big part of the West Coast know what's coming down the pike...in one month!

To make a long story short-ha! We like Wadsworth Bay and plan to put these in several rooms (kitchen, dining room and an office) since this house seriously lacks storage space.

2 comments:

What's New said...

Isn't it amazing how many people can be so uninformed about their own products???? Duhhhhh........ I really do like the cabinets you picked out - you'll have to do a before and after shot when you put the new ones in.

Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your onecalifornianfamily.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com