Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The Endangered Striped Bandecoot


Henry has several of these Striped PJs from Carters. Many mornings Dave would bring this little critter in to me in the morning and he'd say something like: "Do I see a Striped Bandecoot?', "Does the Striped Bandecoot want its Mommy?" or "Did I just wake a Striped Bandecoot up and take it from its den?"
Every time I would just laugh or grumble depending on how awake I was, but it always reminded me of Marlin Perkins and Wild Kingdom. I can hear him now talking about natural habitats, rituals, or behaviors of animals. We used to watch it with Doc (my grandfather) on Sunday nights. Boy does that bring back memories! Little did he know that there would eventually be Animal Planet and The Discovery Channel. A show truly ahead of its time.****

****brought to you by the Mutual of Omaha :)

2 comments:

What's New said...

Really funny - so cute to see my brother being so playful with Henry. I love his made up name.

A Cupcake Life said...

great pj's! okay, i think i may need to update my blog one of these days! your doing a great job of keeping up your blog!