Sunday, March 1, 2009

Swinging into 4 Months

Posted by Picasa


Ben was 4 months old just a couple of weeks ago. He has outgrown his 0-3 month clothes and is solidly into his 3-6 months outfits as well as some 6-9 month ones.
He is jabbering up a storm and he giggles and smiles at Henry. Even when his parents sometimes aren't :).
He holds his head up well and we've tried Ben in the Bumbo too. He loved it. While in it he always leans towards his right. You sit him straight up and before you know it he'll almost have his right foot in his mouth.
When he's on his back he'll bring his feet to his mouth. I'll have to post a picture of this. So cute.
On 2/24/09 I forgot the breast pump at home. Dave just happened to be going to Happy Camp that day and I was swamped with patients. So, I suffered. In a panic, I asked Dave to get the boys and backtrack to my work so I could get some relief. Boy, it was!!! While we were there, I asked Dr. C. if we could do a well child exam on Ben. He said, "Sure".
Ben weighed 16 pounds and was 25.75 inches long. His head was 17 inches around. They all plotted at the 75% ile. He's following his curve and perfectly proportional.
At the end of the exam Dr. C. said, "Do you want me to give the immunizations?" (all of the other staff were gone). I said, "I'll do it so you can get back to your charts." Then I gave him all three shots. Dave grimaced and couldn't look. He hardly cried and it didn't seem to bother me as much as I thought. Maybe, I'm a mean Mama? Nah, I just know how sick he could really get without them. I'm so happy my two (I mean 3) boys are healthy!!!

No comments: