Sunday, March 1, 2009

Hand-Me-Downs; Our Well Dressed Bunny


(Ben 3.5 Months)
Henry and Benjamin's Auntie Laurie has saved all of her children's clothes for her nephews. It has been so wonderful to have such an endless wardrobe. I can imagine it is as fun for her to see them enjoy these clothes and reminisce when her kiddos wore them, as it is for us remembering how old or what we were doing when Henry was small enough for them.
This night we were watching Jeopardy and one of the questions was, "what is the name of the children's author who used well dressed rabbits?" I stammered and was tapping Dave because I knew the name, but couldn't get it out. Then I looked down at this nighty that Ben was wearing and called out "Beatrix Potter." Dave gave me the craziest look and said, "You knew that?" I did because this outfit was a hand-me-down from Laurie which is from the Beatrix Potter collection and features a well dressed bunny on the front and has "Beatrix Potter" sewn on the collar.
Thank you Laurie for helping me win Jeopardy that night and for all of the nice clothes!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you guys are getting some use out of the clothes. I have an entire suitcase full when I see you in May.
-Laurie